About Agents Training Weekend
Undertaking the role of election agent is a challenging and complex task. It carries significant legal responsibility and is increasingly complex. The rules governing elections now have significant variations depending on the type of election and the part of the UK you are in. Today, an agent needs to consider data protection (GDPR) and PPERA (the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act) as well as thinking about traditional electoral and other relevant laws, including the seemingly archaic Newspapers, Printers and Reading Rooms Repeal Act (1860).
The legal framework we operate within continues to develop and so up to date training is vital for all agents.
We have developed this course to take election agents through the process in local elections including covering expenditure in the regulated period.
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for new agents, but will also be a refresher course for existing Agents. This is because expenses rules and election law changes.
The course is being run alongside our November Kickstart weekend.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE:
- Please arrive from 5pm on Friday 22 November 2024
- Departure is after lunch on Sunday 24 November 2024
- Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre – near Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0NL (map and directions).
- Practical details – venue, directions, etc.
- Single room – £190 early-bird, mid-rate £240, final-rate £290
- Twin and double rooms – early-bird £160, mid-rate £210, final-rate – £260 (all per person)
- Single room – £300 early-bird, mid-rate £340, final-rate £380
- Twin and double rooms – early-bird £270, mid-rate £310, final-rate – £350 (all per person)
- Four or more people please email email@example.com.
Please let us know any dietary or access requirements when booking.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our event has limited capacity, and for this reason we request you to cancel at least 2 weeks before the event. This will allow us to make necessary adjustments and inform the venue. Cancellations made 2 weeks or more before the event will receive a full refund minus a £10 administration fee.
We also offer the possibility to rollover to the next event. Please note the rollover is applicable only once and to the closest next event, e.g. cancelling Summer Kickstart and rolling over to November Kickstart.
However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur, and if you need to cancel your Kickstart booking at short notice, we will do our best to resell your ticket. If we are able to resell your ticket then we will give you a refund or rollover as above. If we are not able to resell your ticket we will not be able to refund any part of the cost. An administration fee of £10 will apply for short notice cancellations.