ALDC’s arrangements for Covid-19 at our training weekends in November and December 2020
We are very much hoping that guidance and regulations will allow us to hold Kickstart Training Weekends at the end of the year. We face a very large set of elections in May 2021, and it is important that we give campaigners the best chance to succeed in those elections.
- We will follow all the relevant Covid-19 procedures that are in place at that time.
- We will be running Kickstart twice – November and December.
- We will be limiting registrations to 125 delegates at each weekend across three training streams.
- If delegates are showing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace, we will offer a full refund (or transfer your place to a colleague at no cost).
- If because of another ‘lockdown’, or government guidance, we are unable to run these events, we will be giving people a partial refund and delivering a high quality online programme instead, to make sure people get the training they need for the upcoming local elections.
Where is the Kickstart Weekend held?
Yarnfield Park Training & Conference Centre, Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0NL. Kickstart takes place in the Central Conference building, with accommodation on site. For more information; campus map, or visit www.yarnfieldpark.com, or Tel: 01785 762605. – Google Map
How do I get to Yarnfield Park?
By car: Yarnfield Park is accessible from the M6. Enter ‘ST15 0NL’ into your Sat Nav. There is plenty of free parking.
By train: Both Stafford and Stone Railway Stations are about 20 minutes drive away from Yarnfield Park and taxi ranks are available at Stafford Railway Station.
Arrival is from 4pm on Friday
Registration is open from Friday at 4pm, with dinner available from 6pm – 8pm, ahead of the first sessions. Our desk is opposite the main entrance doors on the ground floor of the Central Conference building.
What time will Kickstart finish?
The last session finishes at 1:15pm but please do stay for lunch which is served until 2:30pm. If you require a taxi to get to the train station, this can be booked through the Yarnfield Park reception desk.
Wi-Fi access is throughout the whole complex. This is an open network run by the venue so is accessible to all. No codes are required; just log on. Information on the security of the network is available from the Yarnfield Park team.
Are there any hidden costs?
All meals are included, from dinner on Friday to lunch on Sunday. Complimentary tea, coffee and soft drinks are available during the day as well as at mealtimes. There is a drinks reception on Saturday evening before dinner. There is a cash/card bar at the venue open until 1am. There is a Costa in the building.
What if I have any special requests?
If you haven’t already advised us of any special dietary or access requirements please let us know on arrival.