Our Fighting Fund is a key part of our long-term ambition to see Liberal Democrats Everywhere:
- Liberal Democrat candidates in every council area.
- Liberal Democrat candidates in every local authority by-election.
- Full slates in most areas – giving everybody the chance to vote for a Liberal Democrat candidate at local elections.
- Longer-term, a Liberal Democrat presence on every principal council.
The support we provide
We support Liberal Democrat campaigners across the country with resources, advice, templates and as the largest provider of campaign training in the Party.
We are working with our partners in the regional and state parties to help every area stand more candidates and win more elections.
Do you want to apply for a Fighting Fund grant?
If so, please fill in our short online form.
Please donate whatever you can:
What your donation will pay for:
- £25 will allow us to print and stuff 100 pieces of squeeze mail.
- £65 will cover the cost of artworking one mailing.
- £100 will pay for postage to 400 homes.
- £400 will help a local team win their council by-election.
Prefer to donate by cheque?
If so, please make it payable to ALDC and send it to: ALDC, 2.07 Boat Shed, 16 Exchange Quay, Salford M5 3EQ.
“Before 2018 we had no representation at all in Barnsley but we are now the second-biggest party, with four councillors and we’re working hard to win more next year. Our team could not have done this without the advice and support of ALDC – we’ve been to Kickstart twice and we’ve also benefited from Fighting Fund grants.”
Cllr Hannah Kitching, Lib Dem Group Leader on Barnsley MBC
“We knew we had a great team who really wanted to fight our by-election in Bridlington North, a seat the Conservatives have always taken for granted. But as a small local party, we would have struggled to fund a winning campaign. So ALDC stepped in with a Fighting Fund grant, enabling us to run the campaign we needed to take this seat from the Conservatives for the very first time. Thank you ALDC!”
Cllr Mike Heslop Mullens, East Riding of Yorkshire