Campaigning Liberal Democrats choose ALDC… join us to improve your chances of winning.
Why should I join ALDC?
- Day-to-day ideas and inspiration for your campaigning on local and national issues.
- Members-only telephone and online advice service covering all topics, including election law (Mon-Fri 9.30-5.00 weekdays 0161 302 7532 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regular members’ magazine Local Campaigner, regular mailings and weekly emails.
- Access to our members-only Facebook Group to ask questions and share ideas.
- Download our ALDC Membership – Advice Leaflet for more details.
- Get a free candidate/campaign team website to aid your online campaigning and talking to voters.
- Exclusive access to hundreds of templates, artwork, best practice, campaign packs and toolkits.
- Books – 50% discount for members.
- Download our ALDC Membership – Resources Leaflet for more details.
- Discounted attendance to our biannual Kickstart campaign training weekends featuring the party’s most experienced campaigners.
- Free access to our regular webinars covering a wide range of topics.
- Motivate Training Days around the UK
- Download our ALDC Membership – Training Leaflet for more details.
WHO CAN JOIN?
Any Liberal Democrat member can join, no matter whether you are an experienced councillor; council or parliamentary candidate; agent; organiser; community campaigner; or an activist… being an ALDC member gives you exclusive access to our advice, resources and training.
HOW DO I JOIN? Fill in the online sign-up form NOW >>>
Alternatively, you can call us (0161 302 7532) and we can guide you through it over the phone, post you out a hard copy or you can download a PDF version (fill it in and return it by post or email).
Watch our promo video
HOW MUCH IS ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP?
- Standard rate is £86 (only £1.65 a week).
- Concessionary rate is £30*
- Joint members pay an extra £20 (this is for two people living at the same address).
- Direct Debit Monthly and Quarterly payment options are available to help spread the cost of your membership or you can pay annually.
Concessionary Rate*: people aged 26 or under; people receiving state benefits due to being unemployed; the dependent spouse of an unemployed person; people receiving income support; full-time students; apprentices; people receiving pension credit; and paid Lib Dem employees (local/regional/England/Wales/Scotland/federal parties + ALDC).
Please note: We reserve the right to ask for proof – and to periodically check – that you’re entitled to our concessionary membership price.
Any council group, local party or local group of campaigners can join us as group members. You receive all the benefits as individual/joint members, but you’ll also get a 12% discount from your membership fees too. Group members get access to a free away-day facilitator or group training session on an annual basis too. Fill in our short online form to enquire.
What our members say about us
CLLR RUTH DOMBEY
Leader of London Borough of Sutton
“There are numerous benefits to ALDC membership – good campaigning advice and support, excellent trainers, MyCouncillor sites and other useful tools. However large or small your council group, if you’re not a member then you’re missing out.”
CLLR KEVIN LANG
The City of Edinburgh Council
“ALDC is a must have membership for all Liberal Democrat campaigners and councillors. They provide essential advice, resources and training to help you campaign, win and hold your seat. If you want to improve your chances of winning, join ALDC today!”
CLLR TUMI HAWKINS
South Cambridgeshire District Council
“As a councillor, I have found ALDC support to be invaluable. I especially appreciate learning from experiences shared by other councillors across the country, and the newsletter is always so full of useful content for campaigning and engaging with constituents.”
CLLR HANNAH KITCHING
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
“As a member in an area with limited local party experience and capacity, the support and training that I’ve received from ALDC has been invaluable. Now that I’ve been elected, knowing there’s experience and support available is very reassuring!”