Now the elections are over we’re focusing on giving new and existing councillors the best possible training opportunities.
As always, we’re running our fantastic Councillors Weekend – providing great training and networking opportunities this summer (2–4 July, in person).
This year, we’re also running a series of free training webinars over the next month – the New Councillors Programme – which any new or existing councillor can join (more details below).
The programme is aimed primarily at all newly elected Lib Dem councillors so that you can understand more about your new role, the politics, traps and how to be a great councillor that keeps on winning (experienced councillors or those re-elected after a break are welcome to join too).
The programme is free for all elected Liberal Democrat councillors.
We’d really appreciate you taking the time to join us for our welcome session on Wednesday 12 May at either 12.30pm or 5.00pm, where we’ll be joined by ALDC President, Baroness Ros Scott, and ALDC Chief Executive, Councillor Tim Pickstone.
We think the new programme will help you to network with other new councillors and teach you the key skills to effectively serve your communities on the council.
As always, these sessions will be delivered by experienced expert volunteers and ALDC staff.
We can’t wait to welcome you along!
This year’s popular ALDC Councillors Weekend will take place on 2-4 July 2021 at Yarnfield Park in Staffordshire. This is a great opportunity to meet with fellow councillors from across the country and you can enjoy a packed programme of training sessions. Come along to improve your skills in your important role as both a Liberal Democrat councillor and a campaigner.
- How to be an effective ward councillor.
- Organising your casework.
- Political influencing and making a difference on the council.
- Speaking in public.
- Getting things done when you are busy.
- Making the most of the media.
Meet and network with like-minded Lib Dems, who want to campaign hard to get the best deal for their community.
We have plans in place with the venue to deliver a Covid secure event dependent on the restrictions in place at the time. We may need to limit attendance in order to provide a socially distanced event.
Please let us know your dietary and access requirements when booking.
Arrival and departure
- Please arrive after 4pm Friday 2 July 2021
- Departure is after lunch on Sunday 4 July 2021
- Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre – near Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0NL (map and directions).
- Practical details – venue, directions, etc.
- Single room – £170 early-bird, mid-rate £205, final-rate £250
- Twin and double rooms – early-bird £140, mid-rate £175, final-rate – £220 (all per person)
- Single room – £290
- Twin and double rooms – £260 per person
- Join ALDC to benefit from discounted attendance
- Four or more people please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If your council is funding your place from a training or development budget, please contact us beforehand at email@example.com to arrange a Purchase Order Number/Invoice.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.