Each year, we recognise the outstanding work and achievements of Liberal Democrat councillors, campaigners and campaign teams through our Campaigner Awards. And nominations are now open for 2019, sponsored by our print partners, Election Workshop.
- Best literature – We’re looking for local parties’ examples of well-designed literature with strong messaging, photos and layout. We want to see your best.
- Best local election campaign – We’re looking for local parties that have fought effective and strong 2019 local election campaigns. Tell us about your winning strategy. What innovative new ideas did you use? What great literature did you deliver? Did you develop a digital strategy run a successful online campaign? How did you raise the funds to support your campaign?
- Best by-electioncampaign – We want to hear from teams that have helped us have another great year of by-election gains. Tell us about your winning strategy. What innovative new ideas did you use? What great literature did you deliver? Did you develop a digital strategy run a successful online campaign? How did you raise the funds to support your campaign?
- Best councillor achievement – We want to celebrate the success of great community champion councillors. Have you run a great community campaign? Have you managed to get your council to change its mind? Have you campaigned with local residents to benefit your area? We’re particularly keen to hear from councillors that have engaged hard to reach groups and used innovative approaches to do this.
- President’s awards – There will also be some special awards given out at the ceremony to celebrate great achievements and going above and beyond in the pursuit of Liberal Democrat success. If you know a person or team who deserves recognition in this category, then let us know why.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATIONS
Email Gareth Lloyd-Johnson, campaigns officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining who you’re nominating (you can nominate yourself/own party/colleague), why and to which category. Please include some supporting materials, such as examples of relevant artwork and literature, as well as photos. You don’t have to be an ALDC member to enter.
The deadline for us to receive your nominations is Sunday 1 September. An ALDC panel will then meet to decide each category’s shortlist and winner.
THE AWARDS CEREMONY
The ALDC Campaigner Awards will be presented during our AGM at Liberal Democrat Autumn Conference (14 September, Bournemouth).