A reminder that nominations are open for the Council Group of the Year Awards from now until midday on Wednesday 17th June:
- where local Lib Dem Groups have come up with good ideas for campaigning and defended well
- where Lib Dem Councillors and Groups have served their communities well (even if the result has not been fairly reflected this time in the ballot box)
- where you know of an excellent individual local Lib Dem Councillor or Campaigner who deserves some recognition
Following this year’s elections, we felt it is more important than ever to ensure the hard work and contributions that so many of Lib Dem Council Groups and Councillors have made are recognised and appreciated by the party nationally. And despite the bad news, there were Lib Dem Council Groups who bucked the trend and delivered some good results; and people are coming up with some good ideas for campaigning both inside and outside the council chamber.
This year we will be announcing them at our Lib Dem Local Government Dinner in Manchester on Friday 19th June. This is part of our Local Government Conference which this year is on 19th and 20th June – if you haven’t booked up then details available here.
The awards will be presented by Lib Dem President, Baroness Sal Brinton.
- Put your group’s key achievements in a simple email, or up to 2 sides of A4
- Or simply attach press releases or copies of council motions you have campaigned on in your authority
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories will include:
- Council Group of the Year
- Opposition Group of the Year
- Green Council Group of the Year
- Community Champions Award
So – it doesn’t matter if you are a group in opposition or in control – all applications welcome!