The LGA Liberal Democrat Office will now be accepting nominations from Lib Dem groups in control or in opposition from until Tuesday 4th March.
The awards ceremony will take place on Friday 7 March at Spring Conference in York.
In the spirit of the times we’ve:
- Slashed the budget by 40% – don’t expect canapés
- de-ringfenced categories – you just need to tell us what award you think your group deserves
- protected frontline services – we’ll still have the same number of highly-coveted awards and a star guest to give them out
- devolved responsibility for marketing the awards to me – albeit with a 10% cut in budget and an asumptn qualty wont b fected
- introduced a new ‘Eric Pickles Award’ for the most rubbish council of the year so you can name and shame those Labour and Tory councils that get your goat (expect these to go quick quick to the Daily Mail)
Given that I’m dealing with Liberal Democrats here I have little hope of you adhering to anything like strict guidelines but let me just ask that you aim for a side or two of A4, in English – or Welsh – and you get it to email@example.com before the deadline.
Sending links, existing press releases and longer missives is fine so long as they’re not boring! Damp submissions from the West Country also accepted.
Previous categories have included those below – but don’t feel obliged to follow them:
- Council Group of the Year
- Opposition Group of the Year
- Boosting the Local Economy Award
- Service Innovation of the Year
- Best Service Improvement Award
- Best Efficiency Saving Award
- Green Initiative of the Year
A reminder and tips for those attending the ceremony will follow in a couple of weeks.
I shall look forward to hearing from you soon – and good luck!