Now in its eighth year, the Next Generation is an LGA training programme for councillors to develop their professional networks and leadership skills.
The Liberal Democrat version of the programme is administered by ALDC and commenced in October. This year’s cohort of thirteen are:
- Simon Allen, Bath and North East Somerset
- Charlotte Barnes, Shropshire
- Gemma-Jane Bowker, Powys
- Tonia Craig, Eastleigh
- Anne-Marie Curry, Darlington
- Mary di Mauro, Manchester
- Joyce Duffin, Cornwall
- Lloyd Harris, Dacorum
- Patrick McAuley, Stockport
- Lucy Nethsingha, Cambridgeshire
- Sam Phripp, Somerset
- Darren Sanders, Portsmouth
- Matthew Winnington, Portsmouth
The course will involve a number of visits, including to Portsmouth and Eastleigh, Warwick, York and Westminster.
Cllr Simon Allen’s report back from the Next Generation visit to Portsmouth features in the autumn edition of Local Campaigner magazine. This quarterly magazine is among the wide range of key ALDC benefits and support services that any councillor or campaigner can access for as little as £3.41 per month.