The LGA Liberal Democrat Office will be accepting nominations from Lib Dem council groups for the Council Group of the Year Awards from now until midday on Thursday 16 June :
- where local Lib Dem Groups have come up with good ideas for campaigning, either gone forward ordefended well
- where Lib Dem Councillors and Groups have served their communities well (even if the result was not fairly reflected this time in the ballot box)
- where you know of an excellent individual local Lib Dem Councillor or Campaigner who deserves some recognition
Following this year’s elections, we felt it is more important than ever to ensure the hard work and contributions that so many of Lib Dem Council Groups and Councillors have made are recognised and appreciated by the party nationally. In our first year of gains since 2008, our council groups have delivered some great results; and people are coming up with some good ideas for campaigning both inside and outside the council chamber.
This year we will be announcing them at our Lib Dem Local Government Dinner in Birmingham on Friday 17th June. The awards will be presented by Lib Dem Baroness Lorely Burt. This is part of our Local Government Conference which this year is on 17th and 18th June – if you haven’t booked up then details are available here, including a Euro Referendum Rally with Tim Farron to close the conference.
– Put your group’s key achievements in a simple email, or on one side of A4.
– Or simply attach press releases, relevant Focus leaflet or copies of council motions you have campaigned on in your authority
– Email to email@example.com
Categories will include:
- Council Group of the Year
- Opposition Group of the Year
- Green Campaigning Council Group of the Year
- Community Champions Award
So – it doesn’t matter if you are a group in opposition or in control – all applications welcome!