Kickstart is the name of our highly regarded residential training weekend. We bring together the party’s most experienced and successful campaigners to train campaign teams from across the country.
Come along to get tailored, professional advice, training and bespoke mentoring for your team from experienced Liberal Democrat campaigners and councillors.
The weekend caters for everyone; whatever your role in a campaign. We have training for Basic, Intermediate and Advanced. You’ll leave with improved campaigning skills and with a well-developed campaign plan ready for your next set of elections.
At Kickstart weekend you can meet and network with like-minded Lib Dems, who want to campaign hard to get the best deal for their community.
We have plans in place with the venue to deliver a Covid secure event dependent on the restrictions in place at the time. We may need to limit attendance in order to provide a socially distanced event.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE:
- Please arrive from 5pm on Friday 22 November 2024
- Departure is after lunch on Sunday 24 November 2024
- 30+ hours of training with courses for new or experienced campaigners.
- Time to work, as a team, with an experienced mentor to develop and improve your plans.
- Drop-in sessions on more specialist campaign techniques and skills.
- In-depth strategy and review sessions.
- Two-nights full board accommodation in a dedicated training centre with bar and leisure facilities.
- Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre – near Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0NL (map and directions).
- Practical details – venue, directions, etc.
- Single room – £190 early-bird, mid-rate £240, final-rate £290
- Twin and double rooms – early-bird £160, mid-rate £210, final-rate – £260 (all per person)
- Single room – £300 early-bird, mid-rate £340, final-rate £380
- Twin and double rooms – early-bird £270, mid-rate £310, final-rate – £350 (all per person)
- Four or more people please email email@example.com.
Please let us know any dietary or access requirements when booking.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our event has limited capacity, and for this reason we request you to cancel at least 2 weeks before the event. This will allow us to make necessary adjustments and inform the venue. Cancellations made 2 weeks or more before the event will receive a full refund minus a £10 administration fee.
We also offer the possibility to rollover to the next event. Please note the rollover is applicable only once and to the closest next event, e.g. cancelling Summer Kickstart and rolling over to November Kickstart.
However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur, and if you need to cancel your Kickstart booking at short notice, we will do our best to resell your ticket. If we are able to resell your ticket then we will give you a refund or rollover as above. If we are not able to resell your ticket we will not be able to refund any part of the cost. An administration fee of £10 will apply for short notice cancellations.