This year’s popular ALDC Councillors Weekend will take place on 21-23 June at Yarnfield Park in Staffordshire. This is a great opportunity to meet with fellow councillors from across the country and you can enjoy a packed programme of training sessions. Come along to improve your skills in your important role as both a Liberal Democrat councillor and a campaigner.
- How to be an effective ward councillor.
- Organising your casework.
- Political influencing and making a difference on the council.
- Speaking in public.
- Getting things done when you are busy.
- Making the most of the media.
Meet and network with like-minded Lib Dems, who want to campaign hard to get the best deal for their community.
Please let us know your dietary and access requirements when booking.
Arrival and departure
- Please arrive after 5pm Friday 21 June 2024
- Departure is after lunch on Sunday 23 June 2024
- Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre – near Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0NL (map and directions).
- Practical details – venue, directions, etc.
- Single room – £190 early-bird, mid-rate £240, final-rate £290
- Twin and double rooms – early-bird £160, mid-rate £210, final-rate – £260 (all per person)
- Single room – £300 early-bird, mid-rate £340, final-rate £380
- Twin and double rooms – early-bird £270, mid-rate £310, final-rate – £350 (all per person)
- Join ALDC to benefit from discounted attendance
- Four or more people please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If your council is funding your place from a training or development budget, please contact us beforehand at email@example.com to arrange a Purchase Order Number/Invoice.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our event has limited capacity, and for this reason we request you to cancel at least 2 weeks before the event. This will allow us to make necessary adjustments and inform the venue. Cancellations made 2 weeks or more before the event will receive a full refund minus a £10 administration fee.
We also offer the possibility to rollover to the next event. Please note the rollover is applicable only once and to the closest next event, e.g. cancelling Summer Kickstart and rolling over to November Kickstart.
However, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur, and if you need to cancel your Kickstart booking at short notice, we will do our best to resell your ticket. If we are able to resell your ticket then we will give you a refund or rollover as above. If we are not able to resell your ticket we will not be able to refund any part of the cost. An administration fee of £10 will apply for short notice cancellations.