The ‘End Fuel Poverty Coalition’ have launched a Councillor and Candidate pledge to campaign for an end to fuel poverty.
The pledge commits you to campaign for:
- improving energy efficiency of Council / housing association housing stock
- better enforcement of existing regulations on energy efficiency and property standards in the private rented sector
- improving private tenants’ rights
- providing information advice and guidance on energy efficiency and benefits to those most at risk of fuel poverty
- the use of central government energy scheme grants to help those most at risk
- reform of Britain’s broken energy system
You can find out more information and sign the pledge here.
The pledge also commits to bringing forward a Council Motion to end fuel poverty. The motion has been produced by the End Fuel Poverty Coalition and can be found on the link below: