ALDC’s new Management Committee is looking to involve more of our members in our committee structure, to make sure that the voice of members continues to be at the heart of our decision making.
We’re looking to co-opt people who can bring particular expertise or experience to help with the Sub-Committees of the Management Committee. This is for the two year period November 2022-November 2024.
Our Sub-Committees only meet four times a year. Meetings take place online for one hour for a weekday lunchtime (normally a Monday 1-2pm). Obviously your expertise and input is very welcome between meetings too.
What we’re looking for:
Members who have expertise and/or experience around campaigning and being a councillor:
- Councillor, both at a principal and town/parish level
- Leading campaigning in your area
- Local election agent
- Producing election literature at a senior level.
Membership and Fundraising Sub-Committee
Members who have expertise and/or experience around membership and fundraising:
- Working in the voluntary sector for a membership organisation
- Fundraising expertise, inside and outside the Party
- Communication and marketing expertise.
Members who have expertise and/or experience around Lib Dem policy making: Involvement and enthusiasm in developing Lib Dem policies.
- Involvement and expertise in policies which affect Liberal Democrat councillors and local government.
- Experience of how the Party policy making process works.
Audit and Governance Sub-Committee
Members who have expertise and/or experience around audit and governance.
- Experience or knowledge of audit and/or accountancy.
- Experience or knowledge around risk management.
- Expertise in particular areas of organisational risk (data protection, employment issues, health and safety, financial risks)
Application is by filling in this very short online form.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 11 November 2022. Decisions on co-option will be made by the Management Committee later in November 2022.
More information from ALDC’s Chief Executive Tim Pickstone firstname.lastname@example.org