ALDC is currently recruiting for up to two Campaigns and Communications Interns (paid), based at our offices in Salford Quays (Greater Manchester).
We’ve run our internship programme now for a number of years, with many post-holders going on to jobs in the rest of the Party, the voluntary sector and public affairs.
- Full Time (35hrs). In the first instance fixed term until 31 July 2021, with a potential extension to 30 June 2022.
- Reports to: HQ Team Manager
- Location: ALDC HQ Salford Quays, close to Exchange Quay Metrolink station)
- National Living Wage (currently £11,735-£14,924 depending on age) (plus 8% pension contribution after 3 months).
A great opportunity to work with the leading campaign organisation in the Liberal Democrats and to help us win in the 2021 local elections.
We are looking for someone who wants to learn campaigning and communication skills and help us win in the 2021 local elections. Some of the job is based at our HQ in Salford Quays and some of the job working with local Lib Dems in Greater Manchester helping them campaign.
Your role will be varied and will depend a lot on the skills that you are able to bring to bear. However, out interns generally:
- Run our by-election reporting service, working with our Volunteer Officer and team of by-election volunteers.
- Work with our team and volunteers to deliver a range of events, both online and physical, including Kickstart, Federal Party Conference and our range of Motivate Days.
- Manage our social media channels to promote our range of training and resources.
- Organise and run canvassing sessions for our partner local parties, including managing voter data and casework.
- General administrative support to our team in our Salford Quays HQ.
Applications must be online using this form.
Closing date – 9am Friday 8 January 2021
Interview – Wednesday 13 January 2021 via video conference
Interviews will not take place at any other time.