Welcome to our latest General Election Briefing. There are now just nine days to go until polling day so lets make them count!
Make a move
Over the next nine days YOU can change the shape of this election. In key seats up and down the country, Liberal Democrat members from across the nation will be battling to return Lib Dem MPs. Don’t leave it to someone else to go and help; they might be leaving it to you. The federal party have created a handy website tool to tell you where you should help out.
To be clear, if you are not currently in a Tier 1 Target seat, you should head to your nearest one and invest all of your campaigning energy there. Find which one you should go to.
ALDC members will know that we’re available to give advice on council and campaigning queries all year round. During General Election time we also run a special ‘Election Law Helpline’ for all Liberal Democrats. Find out more about this service.
ALDC members can also find everything they need on our Advice FAQ microsite. Remember that local election expense returns will be due on June 9th for most people.
Here at ALDC we provide the resources you need to campaign, all year every year. This is still the case during the General Election. Visit the links below to see some of the resources we’ve provided for your General Election Campaign so far:
- Template press release: Scrapping free school lunches would waste X spent on upgrading kitchens in AREA
- Template press release: Stingy 7p breakfast means half a boiled egg!
- Press Pack: Dementia Tax
- Template press release: Dementia Tax
- Template press release: May taking lunches from children in your area
- Template press release: Police funding
- Template press release: Pupil Premium
- Template press release: School Funding Announcement
- Template press release: £6billion for the NHS announcement
- The ALDC General Election Campaign Kit is completely free to Liberal Democrat members – sign up to receive it. It contains briefings and advice on the key elements of campaigning and will be useful well beyond the end of this General Election cycle.
- Thank you leaflet and letter templates with General Election drop-in artwork
- ALDC’s General Election Templates
- Good practice leaflets from ALDC staff
- Unaddressed Election Communication Templates
- 31st May – Deadline for proxy vote applications (not postal proxy or emergency proxy) (5pm)
- 1st June – Deadline for notification of polling and counting agents (midnight)
- 2nd June – First date that electors can apply for a replacement for lost postal votes
- 8th June – Polling day
Keep an eye on our General Election ‘one stop shop’ page as it features all of the above content and is added to as and when we produce new stuff.