Management Committee Elections 2020-22
Nominations are sought for 17 members to serve on the Management Committee of ALDC for the period November 2020 to November 2022 for the following positions:
- Vice-Chair (2 positions)
- Ordinary Members (8 positions)
- English Representative (1 position)
- Scottish Representative (1 position)
- Welsh Representative (1 position)
The Management Committee is an important body which ensures that ALDC functions well as an organisation. The Management Committee is responsible for:
- setting the strategy of the Association and monitoring that the strategy is delivered
- setting the budget of the Association and monitoring that this is delivered
- agreeing the policies and procedures of the Association
- agreeing any policy positions, including motions and amendments to Conference
- ensuring that risks are monitored and that the Association acts within the law
- acting as the formal employer of the staff team
Eligibility for Election
Any current member of the association is eligible to serve on the Management Committee except:
- anyone who has been employed by the organisation in the preceding twelve months; or
- any person who has had contractual links with the organisation in the preceding six months.
- No person may be a candidate for an officer position who has held that officer position for the preceding four years or more, nor may persons hold more than one office concurrently.
- In the case of English, Scottish or Welsh representatives, candidates must be ALDC members living in England, Scotland or Wales respectively.
The Returning Officer for the election will be David Crowther. He is assisted by the Deputy Returning Officer, Tim Pickstone. The Returning Officer can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday 28 September 2020, 12 noon – Deadline for nominations
Monday 5 October 2020, 12 noon – Deadline for artwork (if required)
Thursday 8 October 2020, 12 noon – Online and postal ballot opens.
Thursday 22 October 2020, 12 noon – Close of Ballot
Friday 23 October 2020 – Declaration of Result
Forthcoming Meeting Dates
Saturday 7 November 2020 – New Management Committee (Zoom)
Saturday 16 January 2021 – Management Committee (Birmingham)
Saturday 6 March 2021 – Management Committee (Zoom)
Nominations take place online using this form. The deadline for nominations is 12 noon on Monday 28 September 2020
If you have any queries about the role do not hesitate to get in touch with Tim Pickstone, Chief Executive – email@example.com