ALDC’s arrangements for Covid-19 at our training weekends in November and December 2020
We are very much hoping that guidance and regulations will allow us to hold Kickstart Training Weekends at the end of the year. We face a very large set of elections in May 2021, and it is important that we give campaigners the best chance to succeed in those elections.
- We will follow all the relevant Covid-19 procedures that are in place at that time.
- We will be running Kickstart twice – November and December.
- We will be limiting registrations to 125 delegates at each weekend across three training streams.
- If delegates are showing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace, we will offer a full refund (or transfer your place to a colleague at no cost).
- If because of another ‘lockdown’, or government guidance, we are unable to run these events, we will be giving people a partial refund and delivering a high quality online programme instead, to make sure people get the training they need for the upcoming local elections.
About the Organisers’ weekend
- Are you a paid local party Organiser? Do you want to improve your campaigning and team working skills?
- Come along to our BRAND NEW training course for local Organisers.
Learn from experienced trainers who have been local organisers in top target seats.
Coming to the weekend will give you an opportunity to network with peers around the country and meet fellow local Organisers. This course is one of the training streams at ALDC Kickstart the Party’s main campaigning and training weekend. Our training weekends are an ideal opportunity to meet key campaigners and leading Lib Dems from across the UK.
Who Should Attend?
- Paid Organisers or paid campaign staff from local Lib Dem parties
- Time management, planning and workload management.
- Understanding voter contact and why we do it the way we do.
- working with challenging people and keeping people involved.
- engaging with volunteers and developing local teams
- Key messaging, content timing and leaflet legal issues.
- Organising canvassing and action days
- Essentials of MiniVan and Connect
As part of the Kickstart Weekend:
- A Guest speaker – usually a leading member of the Party.
- A three course buffet dinner on Saturday night.
- Two-nights, full board accommodation in a dedicated training centre with bar, wifi and leisure facilities.
Arrival and Departure:
- Please arrive from 5pm Friday 4 December 2020
- Departure is after lunch on Sunday 6 December 2020
- ALDC Members
– Single Room– £170 Early Bird places – Limited numbers
– Twin and Double Rooms are available (price per person) – £140 Early Bird places are still available – Limited numbers
Mid-Rate £175, Final Rate £220.
- Non-Members £290 for a Single Room – Twin and Double Rooms are available at £260 per person.
- For Group bookings of 4+ people please email email@example.com
Concessionary ALDC membership from £30 a year
Don’t forget we have concessionary membership for people aged 26 or under and paid Lib Dem employees (local/regional/England/Wales/ Scotland/federal parties + ALDC).
Please let us know your dietary and access requirements when booking.