This year’s popular joint LGA/ALDC Councillors Weekend will take place on 27-29 November at Yarnfield Park in Staffordshire. This is a rescheduled event from June 2020.
ALDC’s arrangements for Covid-19 at our training weekends in November and December 2020
We are very much hoping that guidance and regulations will allow us to hold Kickstart Training Weekends at the end of the year. We face a very large set of elections in May 2021, and it is important that we give campaigners the best chance to succeed in those elections.
- We will follow all the relevant Covid-19 procedures that are in place at that time.
- We will be running Kickstart twice – November and December.
- We will be limiting registrations to 125 delegates at each weekend across three training streams.
- If delegates are showing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace, we will offer a full refund (or transfer your place to a colleague at no cost).
- If because of another ‘lockdown’, or government guidance, we are unable to run these events, we will be giving people a partial refund and delivering a high quality online programme instead, to make sure people get the training they need for the upcoming local elections.
About the Councillors’ Weekend
This is a great opportunity to meet with fellow councillors from across the country and you can enjoy a packed programme of training sessions. Come along to improve your skills in your important role as both a Liberal Democrat councillor and a campaigner.
- how to be an effective ward councillor
- organising your casework
- political influencing and making a difference on council
- speaking in public
- getting things done when you are busy
- making the most of the media
Meet and network with like-minded Lib Dems, who want to campaign hard to get the best deal for their community.
Please let us know your dietary and access requirements when booking.
Arrival and Departure
- Please arrive after 4pm Friday 27 November 2020
- Departure is after lunch on Sunday 29 November 2020
- ALDC Members Single Room £170 Early Bird – Limited places
Mid-Rate £205, Final Rate £250
– Twin and Double Rooms are available at £140 (per person) Early bird rate – Limited places
- Non-Members £290 for a Single Room – Twin and Double Rooms are available at £260 per person.
- For Group bookings of 4+ people please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss bank transfers and delegate names and dietary information.
If your council is funding your place from a training or development budget, PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE BOOKING ONLINE at email@example.com to arrange a Purchase Order Number/Invoice.
Please let us know any dietary or access requirements when booking
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Liberal Democrat Group – Local Government Association
Find out more about the work of LGA Lib Dem Group