ALDC’s arrangements for Covid-19 at our training weekends in November and December 2020
We are very much hoping that guidance and regulations will allow us to hold Kickstart Training Weekends at the end of the year. We face a very large set of elections in May 2021, and it is important that we give campaigners the best chance to succeed in those elections.
- We will follow all the relevant Covid-19 procedures that are in place at that time.
- We will be running Kickstart twice – November and December.
- We will be limiting registrations to 125 delegates at each weekend across three training streams.
- If delegates are showing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace, we will offer a full refund (or transfer your place to a colleague at no cost).
- If because of another ‘lockdown’, or government guidance, we are unable to run these events, we will be giving people a partial refund and delivering a high quality online programme instead, to make sure people get the training they need for the upcoming local elections.
About Agent’s Training Weekend
Undertaking the role of election agent is a challenging and complex task. It carries significant legal responsibility and is increasingly complex. The rules governing elections now have significant variations depending on the type of election and the part of the UK you are in. Today, an agent needs to consider data protection (GDPR) and PPERA (the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act) as well as thinking about traditional electoral and other relevant laws, including the seemingly archaic Newspapers, Printers and Reading Rooms Repeal Act (1860).
The legal framework we operate within continues to develop and so up to date training is vital for all agents.
We have developed this course to take election agents through the process in local elections including covering expenditure in the regulated period.
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for new agents, but will also be a refresher course for existing Agents. This is because expenses rules and election law change.
The course is being run along side our December Kickstart weekend.
Arrival and Departure
- Please arrive from 5pm Friday 4 December 2020
- Departure is after lunch on Sunday 6 December 2020
- Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre, near Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0NL (map and directions).
- Practical Details – Venue, Directions – Here
- ALDC Members
- Single Room £170 Early Bird – Available now – Limited numbers – Mid-Rate £205
- Twin and Double Rooms £140 Early Bird (per person) Available now – Limited numbers
- £290 for a Single Room
- Twin and Double Rooms £260 (per person)
- For Group bookings of 4+ people from your local party for different training events on the same weekend, please contact us before booking. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know of any dietary or access requirements when booking.
Please email: email@example.com