ALDC’s arrangements for Covid-19 at our training weekends in November and December 2020
We are very much hoping that guidance and regulations will allow us to hold Kickstart Training Weekends at the end of the year. We face a very large set of elections in May 2021, and it is important that we give campaigners the best chance to succeed in those elections.
- We will follow all the relevant Covid-19 procedures that are in place at that time.
- We will be running Kickstart twice – November and December.
- We will be limiting registrations to 125 delegates at each weekend across three training streams.
- If delegates are showing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace, we will offer a full refund (or transfer your place to a colleague at no cost).
- If because of another ‘lockdown’, or government guidance, we are unable to run these events, we will be giving people a partial refund and delivering a high quality online programme instead, to make sure people get the training they need for the upcoming local elections.
Training weekend for the NEW Liberal Democrats leaflet design tool – Affinity Publisher
- Do you artwork the leaflets and literature for your local Lib Dem team?
- Do you want to learn how to produce eye-catching leaflets using Affinity Publisher?
The Liberal Democrats are moving over to Affinity Publisher instead of PagePlus for leaflet and literature design.
Here at ALDC we are busy working on new designs and templates using Affinity Publisher.
What is included:
- This is an in-depth training weekend with experts in artworking.
- Learn hints, tips and tricks to make your artwork the best it can be.
- A detailed technical run through of Affinity Publisher
- Trouble shooting advice.
This course will give you confidence to create great leaflets and share that knowledge with your team.
Who should come to the training weekend?
- This course is best suited to people with some artworking experience and solid IT skills.
- You must bring a Windows Laptop with Affinity Publisher installed.
- If you are unsure if this weekend is for you or have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours of technical training and advice with Affinity Publisher experts.
- Best practice, hints and tips to improve your photos, copy, and design to create winning literature campaigns.
- Guest speaker along with a three-course dinner on Saturday night
- Two-nights’ full board accommodation in a dedicated training centre with a bar and leisure facilities
This course runs alongside our Kickstart weekend – it’s an excellent opportunity to network with other Lib Dems.
Arrival and Departure
- Please arrive from 5pm Friday 27 November 2020
- Departure is after lunch on Sunday 29 November 2020
- ALDC Members
– Single Room – £170 Early Bird – Available now, Mid-Rate £205.
– Twin and Double Rooms are available – Early Bird £140 (per person).
- Non-Members £290 for a Single Room – Twin and Double Rooms (£260 per person)
- For Group bookings of 4+ people across the December weekend events please email email@example.com
Please let us know any dietary or access requirments when booking