ALDC’s arrangements for Covid-19 at our training weekends in November and December 2020
We are very much hoping that guidance and regulations will allow us to hold Kickstart Training Weekends at the end of the year. We face a very large set of elections in May 2021, and it is important that we give campaigners the best chance to succeed in those elections.
- We will follow all the relevant Covid-19 procedures that are in place at that time.
- We will be running Kickstart twice – November and December.
- We will be limiting registrations to 125 delegates at each weekend across three training streams.
- If delegates are showing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace, we will offer a full refund (or transfer your place to a colleague at no cost).
- If because of another ‘lockdown’, or government guidance, we are unable to run these events, we will be giving people a partial refund and delivering a high quality online programme instead, to make sure people get the training they need for the upcoming local elections.
Kickstart is the name of our highly regarded residential training weekend. We bring together the party’s most experienced and successful campaigners to train campaign teams from across the country.
If you’ve been before you’ll know all about the weekend’s benefits. And if you’ve not, come along to get tailored, professional advice; training and bespoke mentoring for your team from experienced Liberal Democrat campaigners and councillors.
The weekend caters for everyone; whatever your role in a campaign, and regardless of your experience. You’ll go away having improved your campaigning skills and with a well-developed campaign plan ready for your next set of elections. Kickstart is the boot-camp you need to win.
The weekend also provides an opportunity to meet and network with like-minded Lib Dems, who want to campaign hard to get the best deal for their community.
Arrival and Departure
- Please arrive from 5pm Friday 27 November 2020
- Departure is after lunch on Sunday 29 November 2020
- 30+ hours of training with courses suitable for both new and experienced campaigners.
- Time to work as a team with an experienced mentor who can look at your plans and advise you from an independent perspective about how to make them even better.
- Guest speaker along with a three course dinner on the Saturday night.
- In-depth strategy and review sessions.
- Two-nights full board accommodation in a dedicated training centre with bar and leisure facilities.
- ALDC Members Single Room £170 Early Bird, Mid-Rate £205, Final Rate £250 – Twin and Double Rooms are available at £140 per person Early bird rate.
- Non-Members £290 for a Single Room – Twin and Double Rooms are available at £260 per person.
- For Group bookings of 4+ people please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss bank transfers and delegate names and dietary information.
I am interested in the Councillors Weekend in November and am an ALDC member. Can you please advise as to what would be the overall 'early bird' cost for training/ two nights full board accommodation.
The early bird rate for the Councillors Weekend is the same as for the Kickstart weekend - i.e. £170 for a single room and £140 if you share a double/twin. We have limited spaces due to Covid-19 issues. I'll send more information in an email.
Rebecca Jones (Membership and Marketing Officer ALDC)