We had over 100 applications – thank you if you applied to work with us.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the leading campaigning organisation within the Liberal Democrats.
The post is based at our national headquarters on Salford Quays (Greater Manchester), responsible for the smooth running of our office, office systems and our busy programme of events.
It is full-time (35 hours a week, Monday and Friday), but we are willing to consider part-time options if required.
Please make your application via the Indeed website only
Indeed Job Details – Link
The deadline for applications is 9.00am on Wednesday 8 January 2020.
Applicants shortlisted for interview must be able to attend an interview in Manchester on Wednesday 15 January 2020. Interviews will not be held on any other day.
Job Description, Office and Events Organiser
Grade Scale 3-4
Reports to: HQ Team Manager
Location: Manchester (Salford Quays), close to tram links
Hours: 35 hours per week including occasional evening and weekend work, including attendance at Party and ALDC events
To maintain the office and event functions of ALDC.
- To administer ALDC’s office, including dealing with landlords, suppliers and contractors including compliance with health and safety, fire and first aid regulations.
- To administer ALDC’s office IT and cloud-based systems (Dropbox, Google, CloundPhone).
- To administer ALDC’s events including dealing with event registrations, delegate lists and the administrative preparation for all events.
- To provide administrative support to the management team as required, including support around HR systems and committee systems.
- To maintain ALDC’s database of candidates and councillors including entering data and ensuring accuracy
- To backup the work of the Finance and Database Organiser, particurly around membership.
- To provide cover and backup to Interns as needed around by-elections, social media and member services.
- To work within the organisation’s agreed policies and procedures.
- To attend staff meetings and conferences as required.
- To take advantage of staff development opportunities and periodic performance reviews in accordance with terms and conditions specified by the Association.
- To assist in the day-to-day administrative duties as appropriate and to produce written reports as requested.
- To undertake other reasonable duties at the request of the line manager
- Ability to organise a busy office and office systems.
- Ability to organise an event, dealing with venues, registrations and delegates.
- Ability to give high levels of customer service to members and customers.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Sympathetic to the values of the Liberal Democrats
- Experience of office administration
- Experience of event administration
- Member of the Liberal Democrats
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- 8% pension contribution (after 3 months)