This year’s popular joint LGA/ALDC Councillors Weekend will take place 28-30 June at Yarnfield Park in Staffordshire.
The weekend provides a great opportunity to meet with fellow councillors from across the country, whilst enjoying a packed programme of tailored training sessions.
Come along to improve your skills in your important roles as both a Liberal Democrat councillor and campaigner. You can also take advantage of the Kickstart plenaries.
WHO SHOULD COME?
This course is great for groups or councillors on their own to get a handle on best practice for Liberal Democrat councillors. Newly elected councillors or
groups that have big changes will find this a particularly useful weekend.
- Hours of training on advice customised to meet your needs as a Lib Dem councillor.
- Amazing networking opportunities with other councillors and high profile campaigners.
- Guest speaker along with a three-course dinner on the Saturday night
- Two-nights’ full board accommodation in a dedicated training centre with a bar and leisure facilities
COUNCILLOR SPECIFIC TRAINING
- Casework strategies for councillors – We explore different strategies and tools that councillors use to keep on top of their caseload. (Basic)
- Using the council to campaign – The council can be a great asset to
your campaign. Understand how people perceive the jobs the council does and how to use that to your advantage. (Intermediate)
- Council budgets – How to look at a council budget as ruling group or as an opposition. How to think about amendments and get the most out
of your budget meetings. (Advanced)
- AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED…
It is worth asking your council if they will fund your attendance at the weekend from their member training budget. The current early-bird rate which is linked to the number of places sold is:
- ALDC members single-room: early-bird rate of £165, mid-rate of £200 and a final-rate of £245.
- ALDC members double or twin room per person: early-bird rate of £135, mid-rate of £170 and a final-rate of £215.
- Non-ALDC members: £285 for a single room; £255 for a double or twin room per person. Join us to benefit from discounted attendance.