Kickstart Weekend, Autumn – 24-26 November 2017

Kickstart

Kickstart is the name of our highly regarded residential training weekend. We bring together some of the party’s most experienced and successful campaigners with campaign teams from across the country.

At Kickstart you’ll get great training, advice and bespoke mentoring for your team to help you build and improve your campaign plans and knowledge, looking ahead to your next electoral success. We have something to offer everyone whatever your role in the campaign, and regardless of your experience. Kickstart is the bootcamp you need to win.

More than anything, the weekend provides an opportunity to meet and network with like-minded Lib Dems who want to campaign hard to get the best deal for their community.

WHAT’S INCLUDED:

• 30+ hours of training with courses suitable for both new and experienced campaigners
  • Time to work as a team with an experienced mentor who can look at your plans and advise you from an independent perspective about how to make them even better
  • Guest speaker along with a three course dinner on the Saturday night
  • Drop-in sessions on more specialist campaign techniques and skills
  • In-depth strategy and review sessions on what worked for people in the 2016 elections
  • Two-nights full board accommodation – including meals and refreshments – in a dedicated training centre with bar and leisure facilities

DATES:

• Autumn: Friday 24 November (registration open 6-7pm) to Sunday 26 November (around 1.30pm)

WHERE:

Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre, near Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0NL (map and directions).

COST:

• ALDC members: current early-bird rate of £185 for a single room (usual price is £270) and £155 for a double or twin room per person (usual price is £240).
  • Non-ALDC members: £270 for a single room; £240 for a double or twin room per person. Join us to benefit from discounted attendance.

Book to attend >>>

Comments
Anne-Marie Curry says

It states aimed particularly for those with elections in 2018

I will have several new candidates for elections in 2019 can I give them a head start by bringing them this year please.

Mark Durrant says

Hi - I'm interested in the possibility of becoming a councillor and would like to be considered for the kickstarter weekend.
I'm based in New Malden, Kingston.
Kind regards
Mark

Roz Smith says

Are there any twin rooms available and what is the costs please?

Jude says

Will the Councillor training be running alongside the autumn kickstart weekend?

Cllr Fran Oborski MBE says

No way can we get it paid by Council
We want to bring 3 of us
2 Cllrs and one non Cllr
Intention was to use early bird discount to get the two guys 1 Cllr 1non Cllr to share a room with me having single but this is too expensive

Jenny Lamb says

Sorry for the confusion all - double and twin rooms are available, at the same price. We've now changed this in the article to be clear!

Terri Haynes says

Will there be training for agents at the November Weekend?
Thanks

Robert Williams says

I am in receipt of Pension Credit and have very limited savings. Can I attend the course of part of the course without paying for accommodation?

My situation may have changed in November, but I cannot pay in advance for that. I have only just heard of this opportunity now, so July is not possible.

Terri Haynes says

Will there be training for agents at the November Weekend?
Thanks

Jack Gilbert says

I am campaigning for a target ward but as a carer on universal credit the cost is just too much