Those areas with local elections next year will be well on the way (or have already) selected their council candidates for their key council wards.
However for those of you who have yet to start, there are some useful materials available in the members’ area of the ALDC website.
Even if you are simply looking for a slate of ‘paper’ candidates, running a basic approval and selection process is important to make sure that you don’t have anyone standing who may cause problems for the party at a later date.
● Candidate application form
● Candidate search letter
● Candidate agreement target seats
● Candidate agreement non-target seats
● Council group standing orders – example from Portsmouth Lib Dems
● Councillor job description and person specification
● Candidate approval covering letter
● Email to Chairs to get process started