Delegates for the Bournemouth Federal Conference should recently have been sent the Party’s training programme, but just to highlight some of the opportunities for Councillors in Bournemouth.
Once again we are working with our colleagues in the IDeA (Improvement and Development Agency) to bring you some very high quality training.
We have two special half day sessions (3.5 hours) to enable us to give a more detailed level of training:
– Saturday 13 September 2008 (am)
“Being an Effective Ward Councillor”
– Sunday 14 September 2008 (am)“Successful Scrutiny – making scrutiny work for you”
Other training for Councillors in Bournemouth includes:
- Town and Parish Councils
- Effective Small Groups
- Beyond Surgeries
- Group Cohesion and Management
- Running an Effective Away Day
- Councillors Online (websites)
- Political Support Officers.
Full details of the training programme will be circulated in September, and will be available online at the ALDC website.