One-day bespoke training event (usually held on a Saturday), organised by a local party, but open to a wider area (such as a county). The organisers can tailor the day’s sessions to ensure their needs are met. We provide the trainer/s, material and cover our own travel costs. The organisers are responsible for the venue, refreshments and local promotion. It is the local team’s discretion if they want to charge to cover the event’s costs (but it shouldn’t be designed as a profit-making event).
Upcoming dates – email the associated ALDC staff member for more information:
- 18 Nov – Lancashire – James (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 9 Dec – Greater Manchester/Rochdale – James (email@example.com)
- 20 Jan – East Sussex – Richard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 20 Jan – North East – James (email@example.com)
- 27 Jan – West Sussex and Kent – Richard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 17 Feb – Wales – Richard (email@example.com)
- 3 Mar – Devon – Richard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We can mentor and facilitate group away-days. The content will be agreed with the group and they’re responsible for arranging the venue/refreshments. Groups in group membership are entitled to an annual event free. For groups, not in membership there is a standard charge.
Technical training days
We provide training to use Connect (half-day), MyCouncillor and PagePlus (full-day). Training is delivered in small groups and requires participants to have access to a laptop or desktop computer and for there to be excellent Wi-Fi or broadband. Events are normally organised on a regional or county basis.
Be a councillor
In partnership with the LGA (Local Government Association) Lib Dem team, we run events for people interested in being councillors. They cover approval and selection procedures and on increasing diversity amongst our candidates and councillors.